The Social Media Marketing Strategy of the Century
When I do simple keyword research on what to blog about, it never ceases to amaze me, some of the things people search for. They crack me up. Who teaches these “searchers” how to type in English? Sometimes when I picture someone performing searches on Google, I think they must have some sort of clef-lipped computer accent or something. No different from when you hear someone use broken English to communicate with a foreigner. “You Close-y the door maybe?”
Anyway…because of this hilarious problem, I am able to search out stupid little “extras” that make all the difference in how a site is found online. One of the biggest discrepancies I notice when doing keyword searching is the word “the” is often used.
For example, “the facebook business” which makes no logical sense. Why would someone use that phrase? But apparently, hundreds of thousands do so every month. Kind of weird but totally cool.
I’ve been doing little tests like this for years, and nothing surprises me now. I’ve been doing similar tests for Facebook “keywords” (if you want to call them that) as well. I’ve composed the social media marketing strategy of the century. Who knew so many open keywords were searched on Facebook every day and that no one is taking advantage of them? No one (other than me) has yet to set their mark on Facebook keywords.
“Yes” they do exist, and even though the Bing feature on Facebook search is annoying, it serves a good purpose. And now that Facebook has introduced Graph into their open form search program, you are stumbling upon the early development of the social media marketing strategy that will allow you to be found on Facebook, a lot!
To properly utilize the social media marketing tactic that I am going to share with you, it will require you to generate content and post often to your facebook page. After all, how can anyone search for a word and find you, if you have not posted that word? Think about it…
Here is a simple break down of the social media marketing strategy:
- Step 1: Find out what your customers, audience, and prospects are talking about and what kind of phrases engage them. You can do this by online stalking your peeps. (but in a cool non-violent way lol).
- Step 2: Start using those phrases and their language in your posts. Even demonstrate your insider lingo by commenting on the same fan pages and group threads where they are.
- Step 3: Care about them and get to know them. Never jump in and go straight for the sales pitch. You have to grow a relationship and earn the right to ask them for business.
- Step 4: Once you have created the bond, simply offer them a chance to utilize your products or services. If they say “yes,” great, if they say “no,” treat it as no big deal. Don’t let a turn-down or rejection harm the bond you have already built. They may be back ya know…
- Step 5: Repeat this process over and over on as many social media sites as possible. The more information and content you release out into internet land, the more chances there are for your prospects to find you. Do it, then do it and then do it again. Don’t stop until you have all the money you want.
I’m living proof that the social media marketing world is not complicated. I believe in simple, yet highly-effective online maneuvers that convert friends and fans into paying customers. You don’t need elaborate web schemes or an expensive website. All you need is clarity and direction from someone who has been there and done that. My clients love me because the social media marketing tricks I teach them cost nothing and yield big results.
I’d love to further discuss the social media marketing strategy of the century with you. It’s not a fit for everyone and if you are lazy or have a hard time getting along with others, it probably won’t work for you. On the other hand, if you are a people person and love connecting with new friends and doing business with new people on a regular basis, this is for you. Sign up below and let’s talk about what I can do for your business and bank account.