How To Use Social Media With Intention

Posted on November 19, 2020

Drewbie Wilson

Author

Share

Social media has become one of the most widely used platforms of our generation. Between Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc., there are plenty of places to kill your productivity.

Think back to when you logged in to check one thing and looked up, noticing that you had spent more than 30 minutes doing nothing but scrolling the timeline. You probably didn’t even mean to do so, but that’s how social media works.

It’s designed to suck you in and keep you engaged.

The best thing that can happen for these platforms’ creators is that you spend more time on them. The longer you spend on the platform, the more advertisements they can show you. The more ads you see, the more money the platform makes. That’s how these social media websites are designed. To keep you on the platform as long as possible.

If you want to become more successful and want to utilize these platforms to add to that success, you have to learn to be intentional with your time on them. When you can avoid distractions and remain focused on the essential tasks, you can use social media to generate millions of dollars in revenue. The key is to keep yourself from falling into the timeline trap.

The first step to remaining focused and using Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit with intention is to download the Newsfeed Eradicator Tool. The Newsfeed Eradicator tool is a custom extension, primarily for the chrome web browser, that will eliminate your newsfeeds and replace them with random motivational quotes. When you no longer see the news feed, you no longer have a chance to get sucked into a conversation or engage with content not directly related to the task at hand.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a tool like this for the phone app version of these platforms, so you will still need to create the habit of avoiding the news feeds when using the app version of these social media websites.

The sooner you get out of the habit of scrolling the news feed, the sooner you can intentionally begin developing the next steps of using social media to create success.

You have to remember that social media has been created to allow others to live vicariously through your content. Meaning, to get the most engagement from your audience, you need to create content that resonates with them. Far too many sales producers and business owners think they can spam their timeline with advertisements and content about their business. If you are one of these people, you’ve probably noticed a severe lack of engagement on your posts. Less engagement means these platforms will begin to show your content to less of your friends list or subscriber base. Again, you have to remember that these platforms are designed to KEEP users on longer, so if your content is not doing that, it’s hurting them.

The more engagement you get, the more likely social media platforms are to show it to other similar audiences, thus increasing your ability to get yourself noticed by potential clients.

 

Ryan Stewman wrote an entire book on this topic called “The M3 Method,” if you haven’t already read this book, I recommend you head over to amazon and pick up a copy. It will change the game for you. The cliff notes version is that your content should follow the 80/20 rule. Meaning, 80% of your content should be curated to attract and create engagement with your ideal clients. The remaining 20% or 1 out of 5 posts can be business-related with a call to action. This will help keep your engagement levels high and increase your followers’ odds of seeing your business-related content when it comes out.

The last key piece of using social media with intention is to set up specific times of day for your usage.

Using social media only at certain times can be difficult. Our brains crave the dopamine and serotonin rush we get from seeing people like or comment on our content. Choose certain times of day that won’t interrupt your work schedule to check social media. Perhaps the 20-30 minutes before your workday starts, for a few minutes during lunch, and then 45-60 minutes in the evening. Avoid getting stuck in the timeline scroll loop, refreshing your timeline every 15 minutes to see what’s new. Be focused on engaging with specific clients or potential clients. The folks you would like to do business with and those you know can help you generate revenue.

The sooner you begin implementing these simple strategies, the sooner you will notice your productivity levels going up. If you’d like to know more about using social media with intention and as a powerful tool for your business, head over to www.jointheapex.com and learn about our Apex Coaching & Mastermind program. We will teach you the exact methods to generate six figures or more in revenue from social media platforms without spending your entire life on them.

Related Posts

14 Day Phonesites Trial