Three Simple Steps To Improving Your Follow Up Process

Posted on July 01, 2020

Drewbie Wilson



If you want to excel in sales, the first thing they should teach you is the value of follow up.


Unfortunately for most new sales recruits, this is one of the last things they teach you to implement.


That is unless you work with someone who understands the real value of an excellent follow-up process.


As they say, “The FU money comes from Follow-Up.”


A good sales and follow up process will allow you to operate at a much higher level and stay organized enough to close more deals than your average rep.


The key to a suitable method is consistency.

Three Simple Steps To Improving Your Follow Up Process

You can’t do these things a couple of times today, and then maybe one or twice later this week.


If you want to be an absolute sales savage, you will live and die by your CRM, customer relationship management tool, more on this later.


If you’re not someone who can typically stay organized, then you will need to go ahead and change that mentality immediately.


The most successful salesmen and women in the world aren’t the ones with the best scripts and leads; it’s the ones who have a rock-solid follow-up process.

1. Implement a CRM

A CRM is a customer relationship management tool, aka the place you put all your leads information so you can go back and reference it when needed.


If you’re still trying to track someone’s data with their business card or in a little black book, you need to get with the times.


As a 21st-century sales producer, you should have a digital CRM that you can access from your computer and your mobile device.  It should also give you the ability to integrate with your text messaging,


Email, and calendar apps.  There are about a million different choices when it comes to CRM. At Break Free Academy, we use a system called PIPEDRIVE; you can get a trial by CLICKING HERE.


The most important part about picking a CRM is understanding that the best CRM is one you actually use.


Remember, the more organized and efficient you can be, the more leads you can work, which will mean the more deals you can close.


We all know the more sales you close, the more you get paid!

2. Understanding The Sales Cycle For Your Industry Or Products

When I sold insurance, we knew that the average prospect would shop around every 6-12 months when their policies renewed.


That didn’t mean they wouldn’t switch in between, but more often than not, when a significant change was to occur, such as a rate increase or a difference in the policy underwriting, it happened at the renewal dates.


We would begin our marketing to those clients about thirty to forty-five days before those renewal dates so we could be top of mind if the prospect decided to shop around.


Think about your business or industry. How often does your client make a purchase? When are the significant life occurrences that would prompt them to need you?


You can build your marketing and follow up messaging to fit these situations. With a little research and customer data, you can pinpoint the perfect time to follow up with your clients.

3. Listen More During Your Sales Conversation

Your prospect has a buying timeframe, and you should have several questions in your arsenal designed to understand where they are at in the process.


On average, only 5% of your clients will be ready to buy from you today. The remaining 95% will need to be placed in a follow-up sequence depending upon the current level of interest and need in your services.


By understanding where the client is at in the buying process, whether that’s ready to buy today, or over the next 30,60, or 90 days, you can make sure they receive the proper sort of marketing to keep you top of mind.


Some clients may need to see more value and education-based marketing to build the Know, Like, and Trust factor necessary to process with a purchase.


Other prospects could be hot to buy and needs the right offer to be placed in front of them. Please get to know your clients by listening to their needs and getting and understanding of their buying cycle.

Implement An Automated System For Capturing Client Data That Will Integrate With Your CRM And Simplify The Process Of Contacting New Leads

You can build lightning-fast websites right from your mobile device using Phonesites, and the information will be sent directly to your CRM for follow up.


You can even add in automated SMS, and Email follows up directly from the pages. Get your 14 Day Free Trial by visiting

Related Posts

14 Day Phonesites Trial

GCode Book

Become the BEST version of yourself

- Improve your focus

- Better your life

- Grow your business

Download the FREE PDF of G CODE

(By submitting this form, you agree to receive marketing communications from us)